Liturgy and Worship
“I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people—“ 1 Timothy 2:1
Father Craig joins us weekly in school to celebrate Mass and all Holy Days of Obligation which occur in term time are observed.
Our children are responsible for the preparation of the Liturgy and all are offered the opportunity of participating at Mass. Whole School Masses occur twice each half term and parents and the parish are always very welcome to attend any of our celebrations. Reverence and joy characterise the celebration of Mass within Holy Trinity School and many visitors express their praise and thanks for the atmosphere which surrounds Communion. Many para-liturgical celebrations take place, notably whole school May, Palm and Corpus Christi Processions and Benediction. Harvest thanksgiving is made.
There is daily worship in school, either in the form of class prayers, whole school or phase assembly or Mass. Our children pray together four times each day and the prayer life of the school is a strong and living feature of the family community we strive to create. Parents may request that their child is withdrawn from daily acts of worship if they feel that this may be detrimental to their child. However, in selecting a Catholic school parents should be aware that the moral and spiritual imperatives of the Catholic faith are experienced in every area of school life and to withdraw a child from a small prayer session would not mean that the principle underpinning that worship would never be encountered, indeed, it would mean that a child was excluded from a quiet time of reflection and thought.
Our Liturgical Leaders
"Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe,” Hebrews 12:28
Meet Our School Liturgy Leaders!
Each of our classes has two Liturgy Leaders who job it is to take pride in helping to lead and set an example in daily prayer in our classrooms, in our prayer garden and also help us all to lead prayer in our classrooms.
They are available to listen to any of the children’s ideas for making worship even better at Holy Trinity!
All of the Liturgy Leaders are responsible to our school family for:
- Organising and leading our class liturgies and prayer services
- Helping to plan, prepare and lead our school and parish Masses
- Caring for our class altar and displays
- Helping our Headteacher with school assemblies and special events
- Creating displays and choosing interesting artefacts for our main school altar and our prayer garden
- Supporting charities and raising funds in our parish and local community
- Encouraging, enthusing and supporting their friends, in their journey of faith
- Encouraging every one of our school family to follow Jesus’ example by sharing the weekly Gospel message.
- Demonstrating our school motto:
Aspire not to have more but to be more
- Carrying the School Banner into Mass and writing and reading the welcome to everyone present.
- Supporting our parish and school at masses and celebrations.